Saturday, August 11, 2012

Good Eats in Portland, Oregon

Piazza Italia's Lasagna
      My family and I took a trip up to Portland, OR for a few days so my parents could do some shopping. While we were there we ate some delicious food. The first place we went to for dinner was a place called Piazza Italia. My aunt and uncle first told us about this restaurant and we've been going there ever since. This is the best Italian restaurant I know of and I would eat there every day if I could. My favorite thing to get there is the lasagna. It has a really yummy sauce that consists of a beschemel sauce and a marinara sauce, and it's topped with crispy, flavorful cheese. I love lasagna and this one is at the very top of my list. As for the rest of the food at Piazza Italia it is all delicioso. My dad really likes to get this pasta dish with garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and pepper flakes. I haven't gotten a chance to try very many of the different foods, but I hope to in the future.

The Inside of Piazza Italia

The Inside of Piazza Italia






























   

  The second place we went to was called Besaw's, my cousins and I went there for breakfast. It was the first time I went there and I really liked it, I would definitely go back. My sister and I shared their Belgium waffle with powdered sugar and my cousin got the biscuits and gravy. The Belgium waffle was great because it was crunchy, and most of the other Belgium waffles I've eaten aren't. The biscuits and gravy was seriously the best I've ever had. Sometimes the gravy in biscuits and gravy is too thick or too oily, but this gravy was really flavorful and great and the biscuits were homemade. This restaurant is super awesome and everyone should stop by if they are in Portland, OR.

Belgium Waffle and Biscuits and Gravy





No comments:

Post a Comment