Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hawaii

Hello,
Well Today is my last day in Hawaii!!! And I am kind of excited because I miss all my friends back in my small town. I've had lots of great foods here and exotic ones too. Tomorrow I'll probably post some pictures. If I were to be a movie critic I went to see the movie Tooth-fairy with Julie Andrews in it and from a rating from 1 to 4 it would be a *** so I would recomend the movie. It has been a great trip here like people say there is no winter in Hawaii!!! Sorry I haven't been keeping updated I've just been taking a break from bloging for the time being. Now that my vacation is almost all the way over I will start up again before Valentine's day because I'll probably be very busy with baking, Like making dessert for our Valentine's party. Well if I'm not to busy I will be trying to update you every day!!! Be ready for some good recipe coming your way. and if you want to send me some I'll be happy to try them out!!!

2 comments:

  1. :]

    Awesome. I hope to see those pictures.

    We have winter, just ours.. obviously differs from that in Hawaii. Hawaii's is usually just a lot of rain and sometimes in the mountain there is snow. Have a safe trip back. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed your time in Hawaii...Have a safe flight home.
    Here is the best banana bread recipe you will ever bake.
    2 cups flour
    1 tea. b. soda
    1/2 tea. b. powder
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1/2 tea. salt
    1 stick butter
    2 eggs
    1 tea. vanilla
    4 Tbl. Sour Cream
    6 small, or 4 large bananas mushed up with a fork
    1 cup chocolate chips, optional
    1 cup of chopped walnuts, optional

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    grease 3 loaf pans

    cream the butter with the sugar
    add the 2 eggs
    vanilla
    sour cream
    and sour cream.

    mix all the dry ingredients together and add slowly to the above mixture.

    if you are adding the chocolate chips and or walnuts, mix them in now.

    separate into the 3 greased loaf pans.

    bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees

    This is a delicious moist banana bread...There is a bed and breakfast in Vermont that uses this recipe and people stay there just to have some....I think it's the sour cream that makes it sooo good!
    note: make sure you use ripe bananas.....

    Bon Apetit!

    ReplyDelete